Well, school is just around the corner. This summer has been long. I am usually an adventurous person, always going and doing. This summer, only a few adventures and they were good but I am ready to begin again. School starting is a time for reflection, for setting goals and revisiting old ones. A time of new beginnings so to speak.
Keaton is 15 and going to be a Sophomore at Forest Grove High School. He has already begun Cross Country Practices each day and will do daily doubles next week. He is an okay student. He gets good grades in most classes, struggles with others, but all in all is a good student. I remember having a professor in college tell me that he would rather hire a C student then an A student because they were more flexible and teachable. I think that holds true with Keaton...most days anyway. There are moments when he is very stubborn but I hear that comes with the age. Keaton enjoys school and that is important. He loves going to the Football games and hanging with his friends. He is also working on his Eagle Project, which he hopes to run a track meet for Athletes with Special Needs. I can't believe my boy is a Sophomore
.
Paden will be in the sixth grade at Forest Grove Community School. He too is looking forward to school starting. He will have a new teacher and be in a new classroom (a modular) which he is quite excited about. Paden does well in school. He loves research and independent study the best. He is a good reader and does well in math. He likes to be involved in school and has been thinking about what to do in the talent show this year. He is learning to play the guitar and doing well in scouting. My baby is growing up so fast.
As for me, I was worried all summer. At the end of the school year I was laid off due to extreme budget cuts. I wanted to have Faith that I would be called back and told everybody that is what I was hoping for but once August arrived I knew I needed to start thinking of other options. I got on the sub list for Forest Grove School District and Hillsboro School District and told all my friends to call me if they needed a sub. I figured I would get some work that way. I also applied for jobs in Hillsboro School District since they seemed to have many postings, I was called to one interview. It went well. I was very qualified for the job but did not get the job. Then this past Monday morning I received a call from Forest Grove telling me they had a position for me. I of course did the happy dance and thanked Heavenly Father for this blessing. I am a bit nervous about the placement, but I think that happens every time I get moved. I figure I am the most flexible Instructional Assistant they have. Since starting with Forest Grove School District I have worked at the Community School, The High School/Community High School, Dilley Elementary, Gales Creek Elementary and now the Middle School. I am thinking positive about these changes, the alternative scares me :o) I am just very thankful for a job.
Yesterday I really wanted to get out of the house and do something. The house I am living in now has very few windows and little light comes in. I hate that. I miss the windows of my old house but that is life. Anyway, I checked out a Cultural Pass from the library and the boys and I went to the Japanese Gardens. They were beautiful and peaceful, It was a nice little get away.



No comments:
Post a Comment